Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Junior, Part II

So starts the new semester of my Junior year and after hours of work to add/drop classes until my schedule is perfect, I have finally gotten rid of the boring theory class which I would not have survived through in order to pick up two production classes, which the department frowns on almost as much as run-on sentences. I shall be taking an advanced short-form screenwriting class being taught by Facebook friend Chris R. and an "alternate forms" class, whatever that means, with Avi who is the grad student I'd previously worked for. Essentially, the class kills out two birds with one stone. We the students gain the necessary experience in an actual production team environment while Avi gets his latest film completed with free, mandatory labor. Every student will assume a role on the set of Avi's film and we will work together like a production company of sorts to see the project through. Very excited about this class.

The role I applied for and received is Special Effects Supervisor. Working with the "art department", I'll be in charge of designing the necessary special effects for the film and making sure every shot is set up for that effect. Most muzzle flashes and chroma keying, but I might be way over my head with some of the advanced motion tracking he's expecting. We'll see.

At any rate here is a thing I through together at 6am one depressing night so I could test out some special effects. Just for funnsies.

No comments:

Post a Comment