Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Iowa City

Here I am, finally, in Iowa City. As mentioned many blog posts ago, I was accepted into the University of Iowa's filmmaking program and that time has finally come. Iowa City is nice so far, besides the fact that you can't go 5 minute before somebody driving nearby honks.

Honk honk honk!

So rude. So I won't be driving here. Instead I'm taking the bus everywhere. The bus will be extra important, as I don't live on-campus. I requested to live on-campus but now I am somehow living off-campus. Go figure. I requested temporary housing, which is a hell hole, over living off-campus and didn't even get that. Luckily I love my apartDORMent at The Lodge.

From my bedroom, I have a wonderful scenic view of the Walmart across the street.

My film classes seem fun, but we're not being trusted with very high quality cameras or complicated projects. My first project is to take three pictures and write about them. I'm thinking about making three flip books to hint at the fact that I'm not a photographer and static images don't do it for me.

I'll also be working on an abstract film since I won't have the opportunity to do it for class and I don't want to wait till next semester. It is called 'Welkin's Gate'.

Last week, I was interviewed for a job at City Channel 4. They told me, based off my work, that I'm qualified. If for any reason I don't get the job it is because my schedule is so spread out. We'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment