Monday, January 24, 2011

The Next Great Film Composer

This isn't an advertisement, just part of me returning a favor. Not because I have to but because I feel it's necessary. After some unfortunate issues regarding my short film's soundtrack that arose the day before it was to be shipped off to festivals, I was very lucky to have the help of a very understanding and immensely talented composer, Christopher Hanson. Although I don't know him well, I've been a fan of his work for longer than I knew (I realize that doesn't make any sense but I won't go in depth about the situation). From what I do understand, Chris' dream is to one day be a film composer and he doesn't live too far from me. Quite the coincidence.

As all of us in the independent film business know, great composers are hard to come by. So if you're looking for one (or you're a fan of good music), might I suggest giving Chris' YouTube a gander and maybe then you'll feel inclined to purchase his CD from his website or iTunes (Christopher Hanson, album: Now and Forever) or better yet, get in contact with him and hire him for your film. He didn't ask me to say this, so I can't guarantee he'll want to.

Now I'm a student filmmaker, I can't pay a composer. All I can offer is experience and an ad on my blog (which does get 200 views a week). If you're wondering how I'll be coming up with scores for my film for the rest of college, I've got a secret weapon up my sleeve called Pro Scores. I'm very excited about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment