Monday, January 4, 2010

Screenplay Done, Let's Start Shooting!

Twenty-six days to go before the film festival deadline and we're already starting production on the untitled alien 'epic'. For the past couple nights, I've stayed up until 5am working on the screenplay. Each night the script just got more complicated. Too many confusing flashbacks which wasn't worth how unimpressive the twist at the end is. So, knowing that today I'd be shooting the actual movie, I spent last night rewriting the screenplay and came up something a little less confusing but not as epic. Keep in mind, I'm still writing the 'Darkness Around the Sun' screenplay and I have to juggle between writing that and this.

Today, we are shooting the entire movie. It isn't very long but some of the shots are a big complicated. I plan on making an EPK (Electronic Press Kit) for my blog viewers. Basically, just a behind the scenes video but now that I'm doing film festivals I gotta use the correct jargon.

So, here is the screenplay, as promised. It is untitled, not proof read and probably hard to follow but I don't expect too many people to actually download it when they can just see the movie after it is released. Note: The characters in the screenplay are given the names Dillon and Tommy. In the actual short film, there won't be any names attached to the characters. That is just so the screenplay isn't as confusing as having 'Man 1' and 'Man 2'.

Download Screenplay

No comments:

Post a Comment