Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Accepted to The University of Iowa

It has been a dreary week for me given that my cat, Jack, ran away over the weekend; but things started looking up today. I received an email congratulating me for being accepted to the University of Iowa. After four long months of waiting for an acceptance letter, my answer is finally here. I'm going to University of Iowa! Enrolled in their Cinema program, I'll finally be moving into a dorm and living like a real college student. DMACC was fun I suppose. I had a lot of great professors, made the Dean's list, and got to live with my brother for the year in our awesome apartment which I'll miss; but I need to be on a "real" campus with people I can relate to and working on my major. Tom Hanks went to community college (I think), so I'm not worried about it.

This is a great success for my blog as well. The purpose was to follow me through film school, and now I'm actually going to film school. Unless you count the movie appreciation classes I've taken at DMACC. So lets hope I don't blow this opportunity. Less than two months of DMACC left, I can't let my GPA fall now. Funny thing is, I haven't even received the acceptance letter from U of I. The internet ruins all the best surprises! What a great start to a new month this would be if I had my Jack back.

Finally, today is April 1st, and you know what that means? Script Frenzy had begun! Only thirty days left to write a hundred page script, so get started!!! I'll be working on my screenplay to be recorded this summer.

This blog post is dedicated to the memory of Jack. Jack, if you're reading this, please come home!

3 comments:

  1. congrats on your acceptance. i guess this makes us enemies now since you're going to the rival school. hahahah... just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Update: Jack came back! He was meowing outside my apt patio. Amazing he could tell our apt from all the identical apts.

    ReplyDelete