Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Let the Frenzy Begin!


Here is a fun challenge: Write a 100+ page script in 30 days. Seems like a bit of a stretch, especially for someone like me who has been working on an unimportant screenplay for 3 months now and has only written 20 pages. Gimme a break, I've been busy! Anyway, this is the task that the annual Script Frenzy challenges you with. So are you in or not?

I first heard about the Script Frenzy a year ago when my good writer friend, Laura Fast, told me about it. Intrigued, I made an account but never went ahead with it. This year might not be any different, but I thought I'd expand the Script Frenzy awareness onto my readers (that's you even if you've only been on my blog for 10 seconds). Let me tell you a few things about the Script Frenzy.

You have all of April to work on your script (it can be a screenplay, graphic novel, stage play, whatever!) and as you complete your work, you upload proof to your Script Frenzy profile so people can see your progress. To be considered a winner and receive the official Script Frenzy certificate, you must complete 100+ pages in that time limit of 30 days. Failure is NOT an option... just kidding. I don't know what the certificate might be worth to you but it could go on a resume or cover that hole in your wall which you created from having a bad case of extreme writer's block.

So now I've interested you. What do you do? Well first, go to the Script Frenzy website. Make a profile and add me as your writing buddy if you'd like. Then you have 30 days starting now to come up with an awesome idea before the frenzy starts. I have my idea but it might be a little too awesome to rush through. I recommend that when the frenzy starts, you just write like a crazy person and save the revisions for later. Need help coming up with an idea? I'll post some random ideas on my Twitter this month, so follow me.

I realize that a certificate from Script Frenzy isn't that great of a reward for completing a seemingly impossible task so I'll make it a little more interesting by throwing in my own reward. If you choose to participate in this competition and are able to complete it by their rules and regulations... I'll give you an official The Reel World of Zachary Hayes certificate!!! Let me tell you why I'm being so generous. Creativity is a hard thing to come by. People need to get out there and just be creative without worrying about how it will benefit them. Therefor, I will give you a reward to encourage you to be creative without benef...uhm...So let the frenzy begin (in 30 days)! Here is that website again: http://scriptfrenzy.org/

No comments:

Post a Comment