Friday, April 30, 2010

Avatar & Pocahontas, So What?

Many people like to say that James Cameron's 'Avatar' is a bad movie because it is exactly like Disney's 'Pocahontas'. I say, so what? Here is a great comparison by Matt Bateman (As if you or I know who that is) which puts the two together. Could this be the actual 'Avatar' screenplay? Ha!

Click to Enlarge

Give me a break. 'Pocahontas' is a boring children's movie. And like I always say, it isn't plagiarism if you make it better. Okay, I don't really say that. The point is that 'Avatar' was a great movie and I'm sick of people trying to find reasons to say it isn't. There are 75 movie remakes expected to come out this year!!! 'Avatar' should look like one of the most original films to be recently released compared to that. Yes, Hollywood is playing it safe by popping out movies with familiar, pre-established characters. Comics, video games, books-all being made into movies while the struggling writers with great, original ideas continue to live jobless. 'Hurt Locker', which beat 'Avatar' in the Academy Awards, is just a movie about those annoying Juggernauts in Modern Warefare 2 co-op mode. Duh!


See? But seriously let me make my point. Lay off 'Avatar'. 'Pocahontas' and 'Avatar' were made to target completely different audiences. IMHO-Zachary Hayes

No comments:

Post a Comment