Thursday, May 13, 2010

The Hurt Locker, Not Bad!

Finally, my review of 'The Hurt Locker'. I just watched it a few nights ago but have been wanting to see it since the Oscars. To be honest, I was looking for reasons to hate it. It was a very unique war movie because it followed Explosive Ordnance Disposal team. My fear about war films is that it will try to take advantage of the drama of warfare. You can't make a war movie that is only dramatic because it is a war movie, and 'The Hurt Locker' didn't do that.

The plot follows Sergeant First Class William James (Jeremy Renner), who starts off a bit cocky but it grows on you. He is the leader of a bomb disposal team who encounter many intense, life threatening explosives with kill you!

There isn't much that I can say about this movie. Give it a chance. The ending was a bit of a cheesy let down, in my opinion. But it's an all around decent movie. I give it an explosive 68 out of 100.

No comments:

Post a Comment