Monday, May 17, 2010

Pre-Production of Citizen Prophet d

My old film pal, Mr. Brayden van Rossum, is paying me a visit in June. When I say "film pal" I mean him and I made a lot of my first movies when I was 11 years old using a Hi8 camera. He also plays Cockatoo Kid in my just-for-fun super hero movies. Him and his girlfriend will be staying with me for a week, what a perfect opportunity to make a movie!

I'm heading off to University of Iowa in the fall and I don't want to go empty handed, so I decided that we will be making a serious film. As in no aliens, no super heroes, and no crummy special effects. Brayden is working on a potential movie idea of his own, and I've just finished the first draft of my short film.

It's called 'Citizen Prophet'. It is based around the old Freemason conspiracy of a 'New World Order' however that isn't mentioned in the film. It is kinda like that book series, the Shadow Children, except better.

Now that the first draft of the twenty page screenplay -yeah, it's short- is done, I'm working on casting and the final draft. Thanks to Tom Lazarus' book "Secrets of Film Writing", I've been able to format my screenplay professionally. I'll share one of my favorite passages from Tom Lazarus' book:

"Vomiting... Granted, this is more than likely a very personal issue but this is my book and I get to talk about this. If you write vomiting scenes, your script will never sell and you'll rot in Hell."

I took all his advice to heart. As a thank you to Mr. Lazarus, I'm encouraging everyone to buy this book. Anyhow, I'm no quite ready to release my screenplay for 'Citizen Prophet' to the world, but here is a passage you can enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment