Thursday, October 28, 2010

Reel World Production Logo

For a while, I've been struggling with a production logo. Throughout my years, I've had a few fake production companies--Blooper Brothers (age 11), Vaudeville Films (age 16), Reel World Films (age 18). But now that I'm making movies that I plan to show off, those "production companies" won't cut it because they don't exist. I read that having a fake production company would reflect as childish. Also, if someone liked my movie and wanted to learn more about it/me, they'd probably Google the nonexistent production company instead of my name and they'd find nothing. So the smart and professional thing to do would be to not have a name for my production company and start a film off with "A Zachary Hayes Film" or something of that sort.

BUT it would still be nice to start my movies off with a production logo. So using the amazingness that is After Effects, I created this rough animation using the Reel World logo. This was entirely made from scratch, no templates. It is amazing what you can do with a flat image of the Earth, moon and various planets. I'm new to After Effects so I'm sure I'll be able to improve it in time.

1 comment: