Sunday, December 27, 2009

Cedar Rapids Independent Film Festival

A friend of mine, Bradley, brought to my attention a film festival in Cedar Rapids that is accepting student films. I'm sure nothing would bug Bradley more than if I submitted a film of my own, so that's what I'm thinking about doing! The deadline for applications is January 30th, which gives me a month. I would submit something I've already made, however I have to take in consideration that I rarely use original music in anything I've already made. I wasn't able to find anything on the website saying that was a problem, so I'll just assume it is.

I don't want to commit to doing this, but it seems like something I should challenge myself with. I also don't want this to postpone the completion of 'Darkness Around the Sun'. If I do go through with it then I only have a month to conjure up a film. There is a plot idea that I've had in the back of my mind. It would be called 'The Dream Journal' or something along those lines.

This should be pretty interesting. My first blog challenge! This calls for a dramatic countdown clock, don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment