Friday, December 18, 2009

A Great Review of A Bad Movie: The Phantom Menace

'Star Wars: Episode I - The Phantom Menace' came out in 1999, I was 8 years old and saw it in theaters with my dad. I've not watched the entire movie all the way through since then. Although I didn't realize it at the time, the movie was very disappointing compared to the original trilogy. Not being much of an expert on Star Wars, I don't have a big opinion on the movie.

It isn't easy to find a review of 'The Phantom Menace' that actually can explain why the movie was so terrible but I ran into this great YouTube video which goes through the entire movie and says exactly what is wrong with it. In a sense, this video review is better than the movie it's reviewing. The video is 70 minutes long but it is hilarious! I was only planning on watching maybe the first ten to twenty minutes but it just kept getting funnier and Mike, the narrator, makes very good points about the Star Wars series and George Lucas.

Here is the article where you can find the seven part video, just scroll down. Enjoy!

Thanks to Bad New from Outer Space, where I initially found that link; and Mike of RedLetterMedia, who made the review.

No comments:

Post a Comment