Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.

My dad sent this quote to me via text message. I asked him where he heard it and he said he read it on a bookmark. I later Googled the quote and found that it was by George Bernard Shaw, an old Irish playwright.

It really defines my outlook on life. When I think back to elementary school I can remember having a career day during which we dressed up as what we want to be when we grow up. I brought a slate, a hat from some local production company, my old Hi8 and a fake Oscar award with “Best Director Zachary Hayes” engraved on the base. So does that mean I never grew out of my childish dreams? Either way, it doesn’t matter how far fetched my dreams may be because I’ve been working my entire life to make those childish hopes a reality. I’ve created myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment